What is the difference between the traditional FUE hair transplant technique and Sapphire FUE one?
Basically it is an improvement in the implantation technique.
This technique is only performed in convination with micro-motor extraction and, as a general rule, a metal blade is used to make the incisions in the skin, where the folicular units will be placed. This pase is known as “ Opening the channels”.
Whit the FUE Sapphire, this is no longer used with a metal tip, but now is a tip made of a precios stone called Sapphire.
The use of this sapphire tip means that the skin suffer les during the operation and therefore heals better and there is les bleeding. The channels that are oppened with the Sapphire FUE are smaller and this means that the hair has les space to move during the healing phase. Post-transplant effects are greatly reduced as a result.
Less bleeding, les redness, better healing, more confort when working the área and les problems for the patient. All benefits.
Whit this technique, the visual effects is greatly reduced, which is an obvious improvement for those who do not want people to know they have had a surgery.
By improving healing, the scabs fall off more easily and more quickly. This results in less hair loss in the 15 days initial phase, which is when the scalbs begin to fall off.
By demaging the area less, shock-loss is reduced in transplants where there is native hair.
What is the FUE technique?
The FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) hair transplant is a technique whose function is to transplant the follicular units from the donor area to the recipient area. These areas are those that suffer from alopecia and need to be covered with new hair. The FUE technique is performed with a micrograft procedure of the hair follicle. The FUE technique addresses the problem of alopecia in men and women, and is also designed for patients of all ages, provided they meet the requirements.
How is the FUE technique performed?
The FUE hair transplant technique is based on the extraction of the follicular units where the hair is lodged and where it can normally be lodged between 1 and 4 hairs. To perform this procedure, the area to be treated is anesthetized, so that the patient does not suffer. The implanted follicles will develop normally and the results will be completely natural.
The FUE hair transplant process is much simpler than you think. The following phases are distinguished:
- (1) Shaving: First, and therefore the most important part or even the key to success, is the shaving of the donor area. In this way, the follicular units are easier to detect and extract.
- (2) Marking the areas you want to cover: the next step is now to mark those areas that will be covered by the follicular units extracted from the donating part. At this stage, doctors take into account the fact that they can not extract too many follicular units from a donor area, because there is a risk of depopulation of this part of the head. It is essential to find the balance between the two zones.
- (3) Anesthesia: After marking the areas we want to cover, we will have to anesthetize these, since they will be used during the procedure. The patient will receive a local anesthetic so that the hair transplant does not cause any pain.
- (4) The micro-capillary graft: Once the parts of the head that we are going to cover are anesthetized as well as those from which we will extract the follicles, the doctor will begin to extract the follicular units and to graft them in the depopulated areas.
- (5) Finally, the recovery after a FUE intervention of hair transplant is really short because, thanks to the purity of the procedure, the scars are hardly created. Therefore, in 2 or 3 days, the areas in which the changes have been made will be completely healed. In less than a week (approximately five days), in most cases, the patient who has undergone a FUE hair transplant can return to work (depending on the type of work, may require a few more days). However, the patient will not be able to perform any physical activity and will not have to tire himself too much for 15-30 days after the procedure.
Why transplant with the FUE technique?
The FUE method of hair implant is the best option to eradicate balding problems because of the benefits it offers to patients.
Hair transplants are procedures that aim to provide a solution to alopecia. These are very effective and durable, and so many balding patients choose to undergo a hair transplant program to eradicate their problem. The FUE hair transplant begins by extracting the hair units from a high density area (donor area) and transports them to the areas most affected by alopecia with the intention of covering them. In a single session, up to 5,000 follicular units can be transferred and each follicular unit can contain 1 to 4 hair.
Since the patient is his own donor (autologous), the result of the process using the FUE technique is 100% natural, by implanting his own hair.
What are the differences between the FUE hair transplantation technique and the FUSS hair transplantation technique?
The FUSS hair transplant technique and the FUE hair transplantation technique are two of the most used techniques today to resolve alopecia. However, the FUE hair transplant technique is considered one of the most advanced procedures on the market when it comes to solving baldness.
This is largely due to the way in which the hair follicles are extracted from the donor areas, which will then be transferred to the areas most affected by baldness.
With the FUSS hair transplant technique, doctors extract the follicular units with a thin strip of skin that contains multiple follicular units, and in the FUE hair transplantation technique, the hair follicles will be extracted one by one.
Although the FUSS procedure is much faster to perform, the reality is that the FUE procedure is much more accurate than the previous one. This is because it leaves no trace, more capillary units can be removed (more areas are available in the head) and healing is faster (in micro FUE wounds are created that do not require sutures as in the FUSS, which leaves a large scar in the back of the head). The results with the FUE are better, although the intervention takes longer to perform.
Should I shave my whole head with the FUE method?
One of the requirements with this method is to shave your head, but fortunately, the FUE hair transplant allows three types of shave so you can choose what is the best option for you:
- Full shave: The first and simplest option is complete shaving, that is shaving the entire head.
- Partial Shave: The second option is partial shaving. The patient can only shave the donor areas. After a few days, the patient will see how the donor area and the area where the hair has been grafted grow together. This is a great option for those who want to have a natural result from the first moment.
- The third option that can be chosen is the “curtains shaving”. This shave is the perfect option for those who do not want to show that part of their head is shaved. Most people who use this method are women, because the cutting technique gives them the opportunity to shave the donor area and cover it with the long hair that is above that area. This technique is truly innovative and is primarily concerned with the physical and mental health of the patient.
What kind of people can opt for hair transplantation technique FUE?
The ideal candidates to follow the FUE hair transplant procedure are those who have hair loss in specific areas. In other words, a patient with alopecia in the entire head or most of the head will not be able to access the FUE procedure.
Other people who may have access to this procedure are those who have alopecia caused by small scars on their head for any reason, for example, scars caused by a domestic accident, scars from different burns , birthmarks, etc. .
Patients who have scars from other hair transplant procedures will also be able to access the FUE procedure.
In addition, this procedure is ideal for people who can not wait for scars to heal. Because the FUE hair transplant technique does not use scalpels or stitches to perform the procedure, the patient’s scars heal in a day or two.
If those profiles do not match yours, the medical specialist can perform an examination to determine if the FUE hair transplant can be used to solve your particular case.
Do you need more info?
Request more information
Recovering your own hair with a completely natural finish is our goal. Our medical and technical team extracts the follicles from the back and from the sides of your head (depending on the case), and then implant them in the zone (s) that require it.