Keeping eyebrows dense and in perfect condition is very important to us, both for aesthetic issues and for functionality issues, as they fulfill a series of functions that help us day-to-day.
Due to waxing, scarring, or simply over the years, it is sometimes essential to perform an eyebrow implant to regain its initial density.
The technique used is FUE (follicular unit extraction or unit extraction of follicles). It is made with local anesthesia. The follicles are usually extracted from the neck region by being very similar to those of the eyebrows (by the number of hairs per follicle and by their structure).
Total repopulation may require about 500 follicles. The key is a good eyebrow design and follow the natural direction of the hair when the channels are open (the “little holes”). The eyebrows can be repopulated partially (for example to cover scars) or completely. The result is completely natural, durable and leaves no scars.
The post-intervention: the operated patient can have a normal life just after the surgery, it will simply have to respect some steps the first days until the crusts fall (10 days approximately) and to protect from the sun during a few days with Sun glasses.
Micrograft of eyebrows
As we have said, the eyebrows fulfill several essential functions:
- They serve to protect the eye against sweat and rain that fall on the face, diverting them, preventing them from entering the eyes. They allow us to play sports and perspire without discomfort in the eyes.
- They protect us from dust and sand, external factors of the environment; they avoid infections. They are the “allies” of the eyelashes.
- They protect us from the sun by preventing the direct impact of rays on the eyes, avoiding flashes and reflections.
- They help us to express ourselves during communication, by providing information about our state of mind (joy, sadness, anger, etc.), they are like a body “accent” that emphasizes communication. Many times, without the need for a word, you can know a person’s mood with the simple movement of the eyebrows.
- They are an important part of the aesthetics of our face. The change in the assessment we can make on a person’s beauty models if we imagine it with or without eyebrows etc…
That’s why sometimes it becomes essential to recover them, whether for aesthetic problems or functionality.
Reasons to have an eyebrow transplant
There are several reasons why a person decides to have an eyebrow implant and cover alopecia in the area;
- To overcome the abuse of eyebrow removal for many women who produce alopecia in the area.
- To cover scars, without the need for surgery.
- To hide a tattoo that you no longer want to wear or see.
- Trichotillomania: is a nervous state that consists of compulsively tearing the hair of the eyebrows. They will not grow back.
- There are a number of causes that can also cause alopecia on the eyebrows, such as worry and stress, or menopause in women.
Request more information
Recovering your own hair with a completely natural finish is our goal. Our medical and technical team extracts the follicles from the back and from the sides of your head (depending on the case), and then implant them in the zone (s) that require it.